Recursive Objective

The once great home of humanity, now in the process of rebuilding itself after the destruction over two decades ago. Primarily under the control of the Central Earth Union, minor governments and rebel factions fight to exist alongside it.
Cream
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Recursive Objective

Post by Cream » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:42 pm

"I see ya, having fun or is it already over?"

Levi trotted over to the external monitor, stopped just behind ALivius and peered over her shoulder to take a look at Rin's score- frankly he was surprised that she had an interest in this stuff, but when it was just a simulation, piloting was probably a lot more attractive. A passing Haro caught his attention, and rather than refocus on the monitor, Levi looked toward the Gun-EZ: he could not get over the fact that Alivius was in possesion of not only such a high performance machine, but multiple of them, at that. She was certainly no amateur when it came ot her business, which had to have more to it than what was merely being advertised.

"You've been in one of these things before, I'd hope to imagine- that you didn't get shot down right away is pretty impressive, I'd say," Levi said, addressing Rin directly he was trying to move beyond her initial aloof disposition, which perhaps was not entirely a manufactured personaity.

Nihren
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Nihren » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:14 am

Rin looked over at Levi as he spoke to her. He came off as the analytical type, looking everything and everyone in a room, observing, thinking, putting all the pieces together. She could tell because she detected something in his voice towards the end that indicated his train of thought hadn't stopped there, he was still mulling things over and contemplating possibilities. At this point, the ball had been tossed into her court. She smirked at him. "It is impressive isn't it? That I was able to take out four enemy mobile suits without a scratch despite never having piloted before. But I suppose that's thanks to being a Newtype. A sixth sense that causes me to react even when I can't see something. I sense it." And now the ball was tossed back into his court. Rin was curious to see where this would go. There was Newtype pressure coming off of Levi, so she knew he understood what she meant.

Cream

Post by Cream » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:23 am

Levi smiled, as warmly as he could, despite every instinct telling him to withdraw from the situation. He certainly felt more at ease talking to Alivius, though there was a healthy dose of suspicion regarding his motives that made him re-evaluate the situation. "Where you find one Newtype, you usually find others, I guess. Don't you agree, Alivius?" He was still standing behind her, and felt that it would make sense to include her in the discussion as well, even if her latent but emerging cognitive evolution was foreign to her.

Nihren

Post by Nihren » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:37 am

Allivius' head started to hurt the moment Rin mentioned the word "Newtype." Ever since her last encounter with Levi she had done more digging on what a Newtype is. She had known for years that she wasn't normal, that she could sense and feel things a normal person wouldn't. However, her mind was a vault, locked tight and off limits to outsiders. Being cutoff, however, didn't mean that she couldn't feel the pressure. Rin wasn't exactly trying to hide what she was, both verbally and mentally. Levi's reaction to Rin's very quick admission of her abilities seemed uncharacteristic to her. When they last met, he was extremely chatty, wanting to probe her mind and discuss Newtypes. And yet, Levi seemed more casual this time. Still, his attempt to get her in on the conversation wasn't likely to amount to much. "I did my research after we last saw each other. My opinions on the matter haven't changed, I don't care that I'm a Newtype or what that means. I'm just me, nothing more."

Cream

Post by Cream » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:57 am

Levi circled around so that he could face both women. Alivius' response triggered a reactionary sentiment within him, but her indifference was justified: she was not going to be tied to mere facts of biology. Still, though, where there was human potential, there should be a willingness to accept responsibility for realizing it. "You two feel so differently about the matter, maybe as a result of familiarity with the state. Alivius, though, don't you think that those people gifted with exceptional abilities should take up the mantle of driving history forward?" The question he asked was a mere ideal, a romanticized belief that he did not necessarily subscribe to, but was appealing enough for him to entertain the idea. There was so much contingency in the world that sometimes having any beliefs at all seemed to be a fool's errand. Maybe that was how Alivius felt. "You can answer that too,,. What's your name?" Naturally, the expression of such high-minded thought could be attributed to little more than the desire to say impressive things, but was that so wrong?

Nihren

Post by Nihren » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:25 am

And there was the Levi that Allivius' was familiar with. Seems her statement triggered the same schtick he gave her the last time, except now he had two people to direct it at instead of one. Allivius sighed, knowing exactly what her response was going to be to Levi's line of inquiry. "Just because you're gifted with the blessing of evolution, doesn't mean you're qualified to lead an entire race into the future. Believing that Newtype's are uniquely qualified to usher in a new era, a new chapter in the history that is humanity, is just ignorance born of privilege. It's no different that a rich man looking down on the poor masses and deciding that, with his wealth and power, that he is the one that should guide the masses of sheep. Such a line of thinking leads to corruption, and the current state that our race finds itself in now. Newtype's, despite being able to sense the feelings of others, are just as susceptible as any other human. In other words... we're not special." It was a cynical view of the world, but she wasn't wrong. Plenty of Newtypes had heard the call to rise up and lead humanity, but each and every one of them had their own ideas about how to do so, and most of them were not of the good variety, leading to more conflict.

Rin listened to both of the individuals before her, pondering what each was saying, before focusing her attention on Levi. "My name is Rin. No more, no less. And to answer your question, no, I do not believe in the active participation of shaping history as a Newtype. If I happen to influence the world through any means, then so be it, but I am not actively pursuing it. As Allivius said, humans are not the only ones with the ability to push history forward, and I am not referring to other evolved humans. It's a little something called "faith in humanity." A fairly simple concept that only requires that one believe in the human potential for compassion, for kindness, and the desire for a lasting peace. You don't need evolution for that." It wasn't quite the same thing as Allivius had said, far less cynical, but Rin did agree that the notion that Newtypes were uniquely qualified to guide humanity was a misguided one, perpetuated by revolutionaries seeking an idea to rally around.

Cream

Post by Cream » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:02 am

Levi listened carefully, at what initially appeared to be a categorical dismissal of an argument that was too broad to be discarded in such a manner- well, he felt that way, at least. It was a bit shocking to him that progression in history, for Alivius, could only be conceived at the level of large-scale change in the mass of human existence. "History needs leaders, to be sure," he began, a little bit unsure of where he might end up by following such a premise, "but the capacity for change in gifted individuals is not reflected in the potential for leadership- I think, or maybe I want to think, that those who are able to best understand others need to realize progress in their relationships with others. People don't need to be Newtypes to make large-scale changes- we colonized out space; we're making great strides in healing the planet that what have inflicted so much damage upon across time: all of that was done regardless of Newtypes." He paused, for a second, looked to Rin, and then continued on, "when you create small-scale social realities that are desirable, you also more readily find consensus and sober disagreement..." Alivius was correct, though, Newtypes were as flawed as any other person- but the idea that stages of human history could progress at all wouldn't exist if it was not, in some sense, an essential determination of the state of things. "Newtypes aren't better than other people, I suppose, they're only as good as their character allows, only as virtuous as they are able to will themselves to be, but the fact of that matter is, the fact you cannot hide from, is that they ultimately do have a different mental reality: where there is difference there is always the grounds for something new."

What that something new could be, he was aware, could also be an expression of hubris, but again, he continued, "I personally may not be able to change the world, and there may be no real benefit to any kind of altruism that I think might do the trick. But where institutions don't expect anything from people, I can have expectations. Expectations that the people I surround myself with will strive for more than merely contenting themselves with distractions or the pursuit of a selfish ambition. Between shepherds and sheep, I think it's a daft comparison: you are more likely to find a leader of sheep among sheep. So consider that maybe Newtypes cannot help humanity as a whole, but they can certainly help themselves and those who share the same struggle."

He had talked a lot but was unsure if anything meaningful had been said. Usually, though, a proposition only had as much meaning and depth as the recipient was willing to allow. He was going to say more, but suddenly Rin began speaking, and his blistering focus on Alivius' indifference and despair was momentarily alleviated. "So you agree with me, then?" He shifted his weight and tried to imbue the antithetical conclusion of both women with as much soundness as possible, despite feeling misunderstood. "Maybe not evolution, but willingness. Newtypes have to worry less about understanding each other, so they don't get lost as much in prejudiced beliefs that usually plague a person's appraisal of any claim someone else can make," but they were talking about large-scale circumstances, leaders and world-shaping ideas, so he had to account for that too, "who better, Rin, to realize that kindness then the very people who are not subjected to the traps that make make altruism so demanding? Humanity doesn't need a guide so much as it needs good reasons for people to buy into the project of civilization. All I'm saying is that maybe some people are better off providing those reasons. He was only vaguely aware of the development of priestly castes in early civilization. It didn't seem like am insurmountable fact of history, though.

Nihren

Post by Nihren » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:14 am

Allivius remained quiet, the philosophical discussion beginning to give her a headache as she tried to think about it. She never was one for such conversations, and unlike Levi, she really didn't care about what she was. Maybe someday she would be forced too, but that day was not today, and the mere thought of ever opening up her mind to others was a terrifying one. All the painful memories linked to her feelings were her burden to bare, and no one elses. Rin, on the other hand, decided to speak after Levi had finished his long-winded sermon. She crossed her arms before speaking. "There isn't much more to say really. Nothing will change, regardless of what person is, if no one desires such change. There are many in this world who would see the current status quo maintained, and it's those in positions of power that keep it maintained. You can light a small fire and hope it grows, but the odds of it being stamped out are higher. I'm not saying never to try and motivate the people to hope for a better future or something more, just that such a thing wouldn't be easy in the slightest. That's all." It was a straight forward response, but she wasn't one to beat around the bush, and nor was she one to drag things out unnecessarily.

Cream

Post by Cream » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:42 am

They were at loggerheads and would probably remain so for the time being, if the discussion continued. Levi didn't immediately have time to reflect on his opinions, which would be distilled into beliefs, eventually, maybe. He inhaled deeply and wondered how Rin could go to talking about assent to the power of the human spirit, and then shift gears into a worry about small fires being put out. There was something at work, clearly, but it ambled toward the light slowly and would dwell in opacity for the time being.

What could it possibly mean, he wondered, to be utopian about micropolitics. But not so eloquently.

"That was enriching, hopefully for everyone," Levi said, with the tacit suggestion that maybe Alivius could have stood to gain from being a little more open; it was in the nature of her work, as far as he knew, to be secretive. He was entirely unsure about whether it was the correct way to behave- not that there could be one correct way to behave. Levi would decide how he felt about Rin later.

Nihren

Post by Nihren » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:44 pm

Allivius breathed a sigh of relief once Levi decided that the discussion had been concluded. Her headache began to slowly subside. "I was going to suggest you two battle each other in the simulator, see whose the better pilot or Newtype or whatever, but I've got a headache. So I'm going to go sit on the bridge for a while. If you two still want to do that, be my guest, you don't need me around." And with that she waved her hand at them as she walked away, slowly slinking away into the depths of the ship to be by herself.

The conversation ended, Rin watched with slight amusement as Allivius walked out. She had considered leaving as well, but Allivius' suggestion was something she herself had considered before philosophy intervened. Rin let her arms fall to her sides and looked at Levi. "She proposed an interesting idea. I'm up for it if you are. If not that's fine too." Rin smiled.

Cream

Post by Cream » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:56 pm

"We can give it a shot, but I'm pretty good, just a warning."

Levi wasn't particularly interested in the simulator. Not long ago, it dawned on him that he genuinely did enjoy piloting: it was as much a thrill as any other risky activity. But he also felt guilty about it, since it was not borne out of pure interest or hobby. At one point, it was his job, something that sometimes demanded the loss of life. He wasn't sure who Rin really was, or why she had managed to have any sort of experience with something like this, but wanted to believe she was no soldier. He looked at the row of GunEZs and decided to go to the one closest to the hangar's exit hatch; Rin, having options for closer mobile suits, would likely have everything set up before him.

Nihren

Post by Nihren » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:14 pm

"Great. I look forward to winning."

Rin turned around and walked back to the cockpit of the GunEZ. Based on her previous simulation she had faith that she could give him a run for his money. After all, she was sure he hadn't used it one of these before and she now had at least some experience with it. However, since Levi is a Newtype, Rin was sure he'd get the hang of it just as quickly as she did, which meant that she would have to take him out as soon as possible and not give him the time to learn. As the cockpit opened however, she felt her mind being touched. Rin took a step back and closed the hatch. Looking over towards the third GunEZ, she yelled to Levi. "Sorry, but we're going to have postpone this match. My head's spinning so it might be best if I lay down for a while." She slowly made her way down from the cockpit, and waved as she walked back into the ships interior, heading for her room.

Cream

Post by Cream » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:10 am

"Uh, okay."

There was no end in trying to rationalize the change in Rin's disposition. But, she didn't seem like a fickle person, so it was bizarre. Levi was likely a bad judge of character. Maybe. Hard to say for sure. There was the apprehension of whim, and sensitivity to circumstance, which both occurred to him in a rapid-fire succession. The quality of any moment, specifically psycho-social evental sites, perhaps required a certain kind of vacuum-seal: if too much of the outside world seeped in...

He was a little tired. They would not be too far from the destination by the time he woke up. And yet, he prolonged the alien situation. Levi manipulated the mobile suit's controls, with only slight interest, when it had dawned on him that there were three of these things in the hangar, and yet Alivius was, to his knowledge, always on her own. Interesting.

"Good night," he murmured, to Rin, who was no longer present and yet still lingering in his thoughts.

Nihren

Post by Nihren » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:57 am

As the sun rose the following day, the Levirius arrived in Africa, close to its destination. Alivius was asleep in her captains char as the light from the sun came in through the bridge windows and splashed right across her eyes. She groaned as her face grew hot and her sleep interrupted. "Goddamn sun. Wish someone would just blow block the damn thing already. Lord knows the Commonwealth has probably entertained the idea. Maybe even use a mirror to scorch the Earth's surface like a child burning ants." Her eyes slowly opened, her arms stretching outward. After slipping on a pair of sunglasses she conveniently had with her in case of hangovers, she checked the map on her screen. The ship was about to enter the LZ. Flipping on the comms, her voice was sent through the microphone to the panel in Levi's room. "Rise and shine, the suns up, and we're here. Touching down in 5 minutes." She clicked it off and watched as the Levirius slowly descended to the ground, the landing sending a vibration through the ships hull. Still partially asleep, Alivius opted not to go down to the hangar bay and see him off, instead having the Haro's get things ready for him, the hangar door opened and the ramp extended. Feeling a little bad about not waving him goodbye, she flipped on the comms briefly. "See ya, Levi." It wasn't much, but it was probably one of the few things she'd ever said to him that had nothing to do with their business or philosophy.

Cream

Post by Cream » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:04 am

Levi was actually asleep in the GunEZ's cockpit when the sun arose, and as a result he had missed Alivius' intercom message. So it was the landing that roused him from sleep. His mouth felt disgusting, and on top of that there was every other discomfort one is subject to upon waking up. The cockpit was closed, and when he opened it saw a small detachment of haros readying his core fighter. I guess she wants me to leave quietly. He still had to return to his room, to collect his things, which he did quickly, also leaving the rest of the money he owed Alivius on the desk in the room, along with a brief thank you note. Levi headed back toward the hangar and got into the V2's core fighter, where he felt unusually comfortable- it was familiar.

The young man had half a mind to say goodbye to Rin, at least, but thought better of it. He also felt weird about not saying anything to Alivius, who had helped him out, but understood she was stoic enough not to really care. Both of them were that way, it seemed. The core fighter began to float, like magic, and slowly eased out of the hangar.

Nihren

Post by Nihren » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:57 am

The interior of the Levirius was quiet. Alivius sat on the bridge, relaxing and watching the hangar via her monitor. She saw that Levi had gone and begun to leave. Elsewhere in the ship, nothing stirred, not even a Haro. Alivius flipped through the various camera feeds, but saw nothing of interest. Rin was in her room lying on her bed, while her other guest was apparently using the bathroom. Nothing out of the ordinary. At least, that's what she and Mack saw.

youtu.be/4YaoAVP5hmU

After feeling the Levirius touch down, Rin stirred from her nap. Levi's destination had arrived, and he was likely already on his way out. She sat up and walked to her door. It slid open as she pressed the button and stepped out into the hallway. She looked one way, then the other, and proceeded to make her way down the dimly lit hallway. Her footsteps were soft, barely making a sound. Rin came to a stop in front of another door. Without so much as knocking, she opened it and stepped inside, closing it quietly behind her. Standing by the bedroom window was a man. It wasn't hard to tell that he was somewhere around five feet and nine inches tall. His hair was short and the deepest shade of black. The sunglasses he wore concealed his emerald eyes. As Rin approached and took her place by his side, he folded his arms in front of himself, not even glancing at her. There was a moment of silence before he spoke. "So, are you going to take that wig off any time soon?" She didn't look at him, only looked out at the rising sun. Her hand reached up and removed the light blue wig she had been wearing. It had been covering brown hair that wasn't all that dissimilar in style and length to the wig. However, in addition to that she removed the blue contact lenses adorning her eyes, revealing their true color to be crimson.

The man finally turned to look at her as she set the pieces of her disguise on a nearby table. "You do realize you could have just-" He was cut off by the girl. "We were told not to use that carelessly." The man got a goofy grin on his face as he rubbed the back of his head. "Right, right. Gotta follow orders to the letter." He turned back to the window. The girl spoke up again. "Why did you stop me from fighting him?" He closed his eyes and sighed heavily. "Your first performance in the simulator was impressive. Too impressive. You're supposed to be a civilian, or at least come off as one. And yet, you gave away that you have some semblance of experience with a mobile suit. Chalk it up to Newtype abilities all you want, but people will still ask questions. Now, what would have happened if you had fought him in the simulator?" The girl glanced down for a moment, realizing what he meant. "Regardless of if I had beaten him, it would have betrayed the entirety of my skill with a mobile suit." The man smiled. "Exactly. Tip him off now, and it may very well put you at a disadvantage later should that day ever come. Our mission, and your task, was simply to observe and gather data on the target. We didn't get much considering the trip was only one day, but we know where he is now, and he at least seems to have a slight curiosity in you. If there is one upside to your carelessness with the simulator, it would be that. Should the order ever come down to continue investigating him and anyone associated with him, you'll be the one to interact with him, Mira." Mira looked out the window at the sky. "Yes, master."

voodoc2

Post by voodoc2 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:27 am

voodoc2

Post by voodoc2 » Fri May 01, 2020 11:24 am

audiobookkeeper.rucottagenet.rueyesvision.rueyesvisions.comfactoringfee.rufilmzones.rugadwall.rugaffertape.rugageboard.rugagrule.rugallduct.rugalvanometric.rugangforeman.rugangwayplatform.rugarbagechute.rugardeningleave.rugascautery.rugashbucket.rugasreturn.rugatedsweep.rugaugemodel.rugaussianfilter.rugearpitchdiameter.ru
geartreating.rugeneralizedanalysis.rugeneralprovisions.rugeophysicalprobe.rugeriatricnurse.rugetintoaflap.rugetthebounce.ruhabeascorpus.ruhabituate.ruhackedbolt.ruhackworker.ruhadronicannihilation.ruhaemagglutinin.ruhailsquall.ruhairysphere.ruhalforderfringe.ruhalfsiblings.ruhallofresidence.ruhaltstate.ruhandcoding.ruhandportedhead.ruhandradar.ruhandsfreetelephone.ru
hangonpart.ruhaphazardwinding.ruhardalloyteeth.ruhardasiron.ruhardenedconcrete.ruharmonicinteraction.ruhartlaubgoose.ruhatchholddown.ruhaveafinetime.ruhazardousatmosphere.ruheadregulator.ruheartofgold.ruheatageingresistance.ruheatinggas.ruheavydutymetalcutting.rujacketedwall.rujapanesecedar.rujibtypecrane.rujobabandonment.rujobstress.rujogformation.rujointcapsule.rujointsealingmaterial.ru
journallubricator.rujuicecatcher.rujunctionofchannels.rujusticiablehomicide.rujuxtapositiontwin.rukaposidisease.rukeepagoodoffing.rukeepsmthinhand.rukentishglory.rukerbweight.rukerrrotation.rukeymanassurance.rukeyserum.rukickplate.rukillthefattedcalf.rukilowattsecond.rukingweakfish.rukinozones.rukleinbottle.rukneejoint.ruknifesethouse.ruknockonatom.ruknowledgestate.ru
kondoferromagnet.rulabeledgraph.rulaborracket.rulabourearnings.rulabourleasing.rulaburnumtree.rulacingcourse.rulacrimalpoint.rulactogenicfactor.rulacunarycoefficient.ruladletreatediron.rulaggingload.rulaissezaller.rulambdatransition.rulaminatedmaterial.rulammasshoot.rulamphouse.rulancecorporal.rulancingdie.rulandingdoor.rulandmarksensor.rulandreform.rulanduseratio.ru
languagelaboratory.rulargeheart.rulasercalibration.rulaserlens.rulaserpulse.rulaterevent.rulatrinesergeant.rulayabout.ruleadcoating.ruleadingfirm.rulearningcurve.ruleaveword.rumachinesensible.rumagneticequator.rumagnetotelluricfield.rumailinghouse.rumajorconcern.rumammasdarling.rumanagerialstaff.rumanipulatinghand.rumanualchoke.rumedinfobooks.rump3lists.ru
nameresolution.runaphtheneseries.runarrowmouthed.runationalcensus.runaturalfunctor.runavelseed.runeatplaster.runecroticcaries.runegativefibration.runeighbouringrights.ruobjectmodule.ruobservationballoon.ruobstructivepatent.ruoceanmining.ruoctupolephonon.ruofflinesystem.ruoffsetholder.ruolibanumresinoid.ruonesticket.rupackedspheres.rupagingterminal.rupalatinebones.rupalmberry.ru
papercoating.ruparaconvexgroup.ruparasolmonoplane.ruparkingbrake.rupartfamily.rupartialmajorant.ruquadrupleworm.ruqualitybooster.ruquasimoney.ruquenchedspark.ruquodrecuperet.rurabbetledge.ruradialchaser.ruradiationestimator.rurailwaybridge.rurandomcoloration.rurapidgrowth.rurattlesnakemaster.rureachthroughregion.rureadingmagnifier.rurearchain.rurecessioncone.rurecordedassignment.ru
rectifiersubstation.ruredemptionvalue.rureducingflange.rureferenceantigen.ruregeneratedprotein.rureinvestmentplan.rusafedrilling.rusagprofile.rusalestypelease.rusamplinginterval.rusatellitehydrology.ruscarcecommodity.ruscrapermat.ruscrewingunit.ruseawaterpump.rusecondaryblock.rusecularclergy.ruseismicefficiency.ruselectivediffuser.rusemiasphalticflux.rusemifinishmachining.ruspicetrade.ruspysale.ru
stungun.rutacticaldiameter.rutailstockcenter.rutamecurve.rutapecorrection.rutappingchuck.rutaskreasoning.rutechnicalgrade.rutelangiectaticlipoma.rutelescopicdamper.rutemperateclimate.rutemperedmeasure.rutenementbuilding.ruultramaficrock.ruultraviolettesting.ru

voodoc2

Post by voodoc2 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:18 am

voodoc2

Post by voodoc2 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:19 am